Reverse EngineeringVarious products, systems and data protocols have been reverse engineered over the years. Usually in support of other business but primarily for the following reasons:
• To be able to provide continued support for, or repair a product for which documentation or service data is not easily available.
• To provide backup or understanding of a valuable piece of equipment no longer available.
• To be able to interface to equipment that has proprietary interfaces or data protocols.
• To check the validity of an in-house department's work.
• To generate documentation for a product after the loss of a key member of staff.
In some instances the tools have been made or written to enable this to happen.
The system types reverse engineered have included:• Electronic and/or Printed circuit boards
• Hybrid circuits
• Encapsulated or epoxy resin potted modules
• Mechanical systems
• Optical systems
• Data communication protocols
• File formats
• Motorola MC68HC11 Microcontroller & MC68K Family based products are a speciality
To discuss a specific requirement please do get in touch.